When: Monday, February 25, 2013 @ 6:30 PM
Where: Leon Valley Community Center 6427 Evers Road, San Antonio, TX
For the first time since being implemented in August 2012, the "RFID Student Locator Pilot Program" will finally be vetted by parents, students, and community members.
In San Antonio's Northside Independent School District (NISD), nearly 4,000 children have been issued "Smart ID" badges implanted with an active RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tracking device. NISD has refused to offer a public forum for parents to ask question and voice concerns, so TAG has organized one.
Presentations will be offered by a number of subject matter experts, including:
- Dr. Katherine Albrecht -- a Harvard graduate who has done extensive research on RFID
- Mike Wade -- RFID manufacturer contracted with NISD
- Matt Simpson – Legislative Liaison for the Texas ACLU
- Salvatore A Apicelli (Sal), Chair of the San Antonio Tea Party’s Education Committee
- Dr. Laura Pressley – Public Health advocate and RF (radio frequency) researcher
The second half of our event will offer attendees an opportunity to ask questions of our presenters. All NISD board members (including Dr. Wood, Superintendent) have been invited to this event in addition to the Principals of the schools which have implemented this pilot program.